So in case you haven’t heard, enchiladas are God’s gift to man. Maybe I’m exaggerating… but they are so versatile and can easily be made vegetarian or vegan and importantly they can be packed full of veggies to make them healthy!
These are so great for a fuss-free dinner aaaaand also for lunch the next day – they reheat well. Serve with guac and sour cream/vegan sour cream and you wont be sorry.
This is a variation on an enchilada I made for my husband a while ago – I have new and improved it and here it is!
Vegan Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas
1 large sweet potato
1 cup cooked corn
15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
3/4 cup your fave salsa
2 cups enchilada sauce
salt (to taste)
1 tbsp chili powder
5 tortilla wraps
2 cups vegan cheddar shreds (or regular cheddar if you prefer)
guacamole and vegan sour cream (for serving optional)
- Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork a few times and microwave it for about 10 minutes or until it is soft. Let it cool slightly and remove the skins. Then chop into small bite size pieces.
- Put the sweet potato in a large bowl and add 1 cup of the cheese shreds, salsa, salt, chili powder, black beans and corn and mix until it is all combined nicely.
- In a glass baking pan, pour 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce and spread all over the bottom.
- Now grab your tortilla wraps and fill them well with the sweet potato mixture. I personally prefer a full enchilada, so I get more veggie to tortilla ratio, but you do what you wanna do (you will need more wraps than stated in the recipe if you fill them less). Wrap up the tortilla and place them join side down in the baking pan. Complete with the rest of the mixture and wraps.
- Now pour the remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the wraps and then sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the top too.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for about 25 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for a sec, so you don’t burn yourself on all that enchilada-y goodness.