What a winner. My husband absolutely loved this pot pie (and I did too!) It is so creamy, you won’t believe it doesn’t have all the calories in it. I served it with steamed asparagus and broccoli and dipped them in the sauce too.
If you have a go at making this, tag me in your insta photos @allthevegetables – enjoy! ❤
Skinny Mushroom Pot Pie
2 small onions
14oz of mushrooms ( you can use any – I used all button mushrooms because they were on sale)
4 garlic cloves
2 tsp fresh thyme (leaves only)
2 tbsp plain flour
7 fl oz veggie stock
7 fl oz half and half (if you’re in the UK use single cream – you might need a little extra veggie stock as its a bit thicker)
1 cup of frozen peas
juice from half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1 roll of ready made puff pastry
- Add oil spray to a pan. Add the chopped onion and mushrooms to the pan and saute until they have browned.
- Then add the garlic, fresh thyme and saute for another minute or so.
- Add the flour and stir it in thoroughly.
- Now add the veggie stock and half and half. Mix it all up until the sauce thickens and is smooth.
- Allow this to simmer for about 5 minutes. You’re gunna want to keep mixing it to make sure it doesn’t burn. Then remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the frozen peas and stir them into the mixture. Before you add the mixture to the ramekins you need to measure them out on the puff pastry!
- Roll out the puff pastry until it is big enough to fit the two ramekins plus half an inch all the way around. This extra half inch is to help the lid stay in place and not shrink while it cooks. Cut the circles out of the pastry – you can use the excess to add decoration to the lid too if you like.
- Put the mushroom mix in the ramekins, and place the pastry lid on top. Fold the excess pastry round the ramekin and pinch it to stay in place.
- Beat the egg and brush all the lid. This will help it turn golden brown.
- Before you pop it in the oven, make a small hold in the pastry to allow the hot air to escape!
- Bake for 17-22 mins at 350F (180C) until the pastry is golden brown. YUM.