My husband literally eats these by the bowl-ful. They’re seriously delicious, easy to make and good for you! Tick tick tick.
I’ve been a bit sick this past week, so these warming, nutritious beans were exactly what I needed. And did I mention they take hardly any effort?!
They’re perfect by themselves, as a side or in a burrito. Yes please. So have a go and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (@allthevegetables) in your photos so I can see how it went!
Vegan Crock Pot Pinto Beans
1 pound bag of dried pinto beans
4 cups of veggie broth
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp of garlic powder or 5 cloves of garlic
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
- Rinse your beans under cold water thoroughly and then place in a large bowl. Cover with lots of water (about 3 inches above the beans should do it). The beans will soak up the water and expand, so make sure the bowl is big enough for that. Leave these to soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- After they have soaked, drain them and rinse again with fresh water. The place the beans in your crock pot/slow cooker.
- To this add the veggie broth, olive oil, garlic, onion powder, cumin and chili powder.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. The beans should be soft and mushy.
- That’s it. That’s literally it! You did it! You go Glen Coco!