Don’t you just LOVE spring vegetables?! In homage to the best (in my opinion) spring veg of them all – here is a delectably delicious recipe for creamy vegan asparagus soup. The consistency is a little runnier then usual soups, so add a little less stock if you want it thicker. But I personally love soups I can just drink out of a mug! Serve with some fresh crusty bread – yum yum!
Creamy Vegan Asparagus Soup
1/2 tbsp Earth Balance buttery spread (you can use regular butter if you are not following a vegan diet, also goes for the sour cream below)
1 bunch of asparagus (about 1 lb)
1 small onion
3 cups of veggie broth
1 tbsp vegan sour cream (I like this recipe from Oh She Glows or you can buy it from the store)
- Melt the buttery spread on a low heat and add the chopped onion. Cook until it’s soft, but make sure the onion doesn’t brown.
- Cut the woody ends off the asparagus bunch (Here’s a little tutorial for those who are new to asparagus) and then chop the stalks into three. Add this to the pan along with the broth.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for about 18-20 mins until the asparagus is soft.
- Take the pan from the heat and add the sour cream. Stir that in and blend up the soup til it’s completely smooth.
- Add black pepper to taste and you’re done!
This freezes really well, so you can totally double or triple the recipe to make a big batch! Enjoy!