This week has been so busy for me, so I really need something simple that wasn’t gunna take the whole evening to make. Enter this concoction. This is a super easy, super quick, super delicious dish for when you wanna carb up and need to do it NOW! You could totally add whichever veggies you like – I bet asparagus or peas would work well with this.
Lemon Basil Ricotta Pasta
8 oz baby bella mushrooms
8 oz egg free pappardelle noodles (I’m totally being picky – use whichever pasta you like/have in the cupboard!)
1 cup vegan ricotta cheese. I like this recipe from Vegan Insanity or use store bought. (if you’re not vegan, feel free to use regular ricotta)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/3 cup loosely packed with sliced fresh basil
juice (and zest) of half a lemon
salt and pepper (season to taste)
- Salt and boil the water for the pasta. Once it is boiling add the pasta and cook for the time specified on the packet.
- Slice the mushrooms and get them going in a pan with the oil spray. You’ll want them a little bit crispy to give texture on the plate.
- In a heatproof bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix it up really well.
- When there’s about two minutes left on the pasta’s cooking time, remove the lid and rest the bowl over the pan and stir. This will heat and melt the ricotta mixture a little.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and then stir in the ricotta sauce and the mushrooms. Mix it all up – yummy yummy.
- Add some extra basil on top to make it really pretty and you’re done!