This recipe makes chewy, slightly sweet oatmeal bars at around 200 calories a pop – perfect for a high fibre breakfast or snack on the go. I’ve been eating them after I workout and they are really satisfying and filling!
Remember to follow the blog if you want to receive emails each time I post a new recipe!
Healthy Make-At-Home Oatmeal Bars
3 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted so it’s liquid)
berries for serving (optional)
- Lightly spray a 8 or 9 inch glass baking dish and preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix so everything is coated in everything else!
- Spoon the mixture into the dish and squish it down so it is flat and even.
- Bake for 16 minutes and leave to cool down before cutting into 12 squares.
- Serve with mixed berries or by itself.