This recipe is a great weeknight recipe as it’s simple, filling and packed with flavour! Serve with some steamed broccoli or grilled asparagus for more veggies.
Mushroom and Pea Garlic Risotto
8oz pack of mushrooms (I used button mushrooms)
2 cloves garlic (more if you are a big garlic fan!)
1.5 cups of risotto (arborio rice)
1 cup of frozen green peas
1 litre of veggie stock (only add as much as you need)
2 tsp of dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper
vegetarian parmesan for serving (optional – leave this out if you are a vegan)
- Spray your pan with the oil spray over a medium heat. Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan. The add the garlic. Stir occasionally until the garlic is fragrant and turning light brown (about 3 mins).
- Add the risotto rice to the pan and heat for 1 minute, being sure to stir every so often so it doesn’t stick.
- One cup at a time slowly add the stock (only adding an additional cup when the rice has soaked up the liquid).
- After the first cup, add the rosemary and thyme to allow those yummy flavours to incorporate nicely.
- The total cooking for the rice will be about 30 mins. As you get to the end of the cooking time, test the rice to see if it is cooked (I like when it has a little bite and isn’t too mushy, but stop cooking when it’s to your taste).
- When you’re rice is almost cooked – add the peas. Stir them in and allow them to defrost and cook.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Sprinkle some of the veggie parmesan on top and you’re done!