Ladies and Gents! Welcome to All The Vegetables!
I thought I’d keep it nice and simple for my first post so I am sharing with you my tried and tested healthy hummus recipe.
I hope you enjoy and look forward to hearing how you liked it 🙂
Easy Peasy Hummus
1 16oz can of chickpeas
1 tbsp of minced garlic (add a second tbsp if you are a garlic fan!)
1 tbsp of tahini
3 tbsp of low fat greek yoghurt
juice from half a lemon
salt and pepper
smoked paprika (optional)
- Drain the chickpeas over a bowl to collect the juice (don’t throw this away!)
- Add the drained chickpeas, garlic, tahini and yoghurt to the food processor and whizz it up til it’s smooth!
- Add a tablespoon of the chickpea juice at a time until the hummus is the perfect consistency.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and you’re golden!
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on the hummus to look extra fancy.
- Serve with celery, carrots or toasted pitta.